Taxing drugs!
In class we talked about legalizing and then taxing various "prohibited behaviors." Here is a newspaper article from today's Denver Post about this issue. Thoughts?
Crosby's Position: A teacher's job is not to tell students what to think. A teacher's job is to encourage students TO think.
3 Comments:
While reading this article, I realized that I am split on this topic. I do believe that marajuana should be harder to obtain, for those people who use "medical marajuana" for silly reasons, but also I think that it's a huge inconvience for those people who actually need the marajuana to help them recover from something such as chemotherapy.
The tax also might not bring in as much money as predicted. I mean, how many people do you know who use medical marajuana??? I don't know any.
Does anyone actually know someone who uses/used medical marajuana? If so, what was the reason?
I am also split on this topic. There are many benefits for both legalizing it, and also for not legalizing it.
However, legalizing marijuana might end up boosting this economy because of how many people use this drug, or want to try it but won't because it's illegal.
However again, this can hurt the economy because the people who use it illegally, may be depressed about lack of money and might begin robbery and such to get this money.
In conclusion, this topic can be split equally both ways.
I too am split on this topic. Legalizing marijuana would potentially boost the economy, but the price of it would go down because it would be treated as more of a common drug.If it were not legal then the government would lose out on the money on the taxes it would put on it.
Janie to answer your question people use medical marijuana to treat glaucoma and more recently someone has used it to help with autism.
Post a Comment
<< Home